General Patton’s Dodge WC-57 Command Car will go up for auction without reserve at the Americana Festival in Indiana this summer.
The Americana Festival will be held on June 11th through the 14th in Auburn, Indiana at Kruse Plaza and will benefit the J Kruse education center, which provides career path development for students and veterans on the campus of Kruse Plaza.
Some key features of Patton’s vehicle include:
- Purpose built military vehicle, produced 1942 to 1945
- Command Car with off-road capability with 4×4 drivetrain
- Armed with Browning .30 caliber machine gun
- Could be equipped with a radio set
- Forerunner of the famed post-war Dodge Power Wagon
- Powered by Dodge’s durable 230cid, inline six cylinder engine
- This particular command car was a part of the 3rd Army headquarters motor pool
- Specially modified for General George Patton with armor plating and high volume horns and siren.
- Includes “three-star general’ and ‘3rd Army HQ’ pennants
Learn more about the vehicle, the cause, or register to bid here.